Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Girl With The Red Balloon


Nothing about anything. Just an untied-loose-ended feeling today, and one of my all-time absolute favorite musical indulgences.


I love, love, LOVE The Civil Wars. One of the reasons I like them so much is that I find their music and writing style to be original, authentic, and resonant on many levels.


I like the song as an interpretation of the painting. And I like every image of a red-balloon-girl I've ever seen. So here. This is visually, and aurally, and emotionally where I'm at today. And I kind wish I could inch, just a bit, closer.




This one is by Banksy, irreverent, anarchistic, defiant graffiti artist. And I like it.
It’s innocent, wistful, impedingly tearful, loss-ache inducing, and both cold and warm at the same time. At least, that what it does for me.


And this, ay, que me encanta, is The Civil Wars.

Note the gone-just-a-bit-off-the-rails, carnival, drunkenly heady, just a touch frightful, full on delightful, sorrowful, lonely tones. At least, that's what it does for me.



 
 


No comments: