Tuesday, September 18, 2012

AJ's Grand Slam!


If you read back to the beginning of this blog, you can see how tough my job as a SPED teacher was for me, but the one really bright spot was my para-pro, Mrs. Harris. We became very good friends as we worked side-by-side forty hours a week.

We supported each other, encouraged each other, and provided a shoulder or an ear, or a lunch treat. Whatever it took. And I'm very grateful that our friendship has lasted though we haven't worked together now for three years.

I hope to see her again soon. More than that, I'd love to see the new baby, Ashton! He was born after I had already landed in Taiwan, so though I was there for the pregnancy, I've never gotten to love on the baby.

Ashton's big brother, AJ, and my son really enjoyed playing together and got to be friends almost as close as their moms. Last night, my son was thrilled to see a video of his friend AJ living the Sandlot dream when he hit a grand slam and brought in all the base runners, and then slid into home base. I share it here today, because Aunt Lori is proud of her AJ!
 
This is Mo and AJ feeding the ducks not long before we moved to Taiwan. Believe it or not, Mo is older, but AJ was about a half a mile taller! Mo and I both miss our friends very much.
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
The Sandlot is still one of Mo's all time favorite movies. I like it, too!
 
 
 


No comments: