Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Home Coming


I used to wonder, when I was a kid in High School, why they called it Home Coming when no one ever left. I still wonder about that.

Yes, I know you've come back "home" to school after the break, but it's usually not as if you went anywhere other than home from school for the summer. You know, a mile down the road. Where you go after school every other day of the year.

Home Coming is a non-even for me now. I've been back in the States now for almost three months, but I'm still not home. I don't have a home. I can't, therefore, come home.

I wish I had a home.

I wish my kiddo had a home.

Where I am now had a Home Coming Parade not long ago. My son made out like a candy store bandit, which he didn't need at all especially so close to Halloween. But he loved it.


Big Day In A Small Town


Can you tell there's a Hawaiian theme? I almost missed it myself.
 


 
Candy Store Bandit. That bag was half full by the time the little parade was over.
 


 
 
By the way: Welcome Brazil!
 




 
 


No comments: