Monday, January 19, 2009

Brother & Sister-out-law

Got a call today from the brother of my ex. He just returned to Taiwan last November after living for 10 years in the States. His situation back home is strange.

Everyone wanted him home, he finally went home, but no one will hire him because he needs to do military service (he didn't think he was going to have to), so now he's broke and no one wants anything to do with him! Absolutly insane family.

So, he's gonna go spend a year in Singapore, where his filthy stinking ritch boyfriend lives, to get residency there.

Everyone wanted him to come home and care for his ailing parents. His four sisters have been sharing the job, but all of them irritated at him for living the good life in the States while they have to do "his" job back home. He can't earn money to take care of them, so now no one cares! Really shitty family, eh?

My ex didn't even bother to see him while he was in town and only briefly spoke to him on the phone.

And our lives have their similarities, let me tell you! For one thing, everyone wanted me to come back "home" too, but once I got here no one wanted anything to do with me, either.

My sister-in-law, in fact, went to see my mom in the nursing home today to order her not to call my brother any more because she's bothering him.

Ain't family GREAT?

No comments: