Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Break a Leg!

Finally! Spring break has begun! On the way out of the building today I caught my heel on a ridge in the sidewalk and down I went! Very embarrassing, but not really broken, just wrenched a bit so that it's painful. The Friday before Spring break last year, I went down a flight of stairs on my bottom and broke my tail bone! Such grace is surely rare.

I have to clean my house tomorrow. It's a pit, but I can't help it--I'm only here after school and have to feed my son, make sure he's had a bath, do homework of my own and grad papers, and whatever else I can get done before falling into bed. The house simply HAS to be the last priority. But the maintenance came in to "make a repair," though, I have no idea what needed reparing, and now I've got an ugly letter bitching about it. Bastids. I'm only one person, and I'm not actually a pig when I have a choice about it.

But then, Monday is for business and Tuesday I intend to be out of here for at least three days! My boy is really looking forward to the break, too and I've promised to play checkers with him a LOT! Yahoo! And when we come back there are only 5 weeks left--and one of those will be nothing but standardised testing! Almost done, baby! Almost!

Still have NO idea what will come after. No idea at ALL!

No comments: